SPOILER ALERT: Read at your own risk.
DISCLAIMER: All the photos that I'll be using for this blog entry are all from
Successful author Mort Rainey ( Johnny Depp) suffers a psychotic break when discovers his wife Amy's (Maria Bello) affair. He procrastinates finalizing the divorce by retreating to his secluded cabin in the rural town of Tashmore Lake in upstate New York. Depressed and suffering from writer's block, Mort is confronted one day by the mysterious John Shooter (John Turturro), a Mississippi dairy farmer who accuses him of plagiarism. Shooter leaves his manuscript, "Sowing Season" which he alleges was copied. Mort dismisses Shooter as mentally ill and throws it away, but his cleaning lady digs it out of the trash and presents it back to him. With his curiosity piqued, Mort reads the story and is surprised to discover its resemblance to his own story, "Secret Window." (credits: here).
☛ *fan girl mode on* sharzarhdgshak*all the cussing words you could come up with*jsldksasdpakd A Johnny *insert more profanities here* Depp movie. *whew* It's a Johnny Depp movie. A Johnny Depp movi. A Johnny Depp mov. A Johnny Depp mo zzzzzzzz. If it wasn't for my
A colossal failure and here's why:
- A major cliche of the whole psycho thing. It is way too predictable. Half hour through the movie, you'll know what to expect already.
- It's a movie based on a
Stephen Kingnovella. I have not read the book, so, I'm gonna leave that "oh, the movie killed it," "the movie sucks. reading the book was much better," comments. But this movie, is honestly making my brain convulse in finding the proper words to say just to convince people to at least, give it a try.
- Johnny Depp, showed us that he could get up from a nap in hundred different ways, wearing a holed robe and he's still desirable.
- At least, the acting were great.
trailer for Secret Window.
dear self, relax.
ha! omg! This is definitely a fangirling moment. haha
Yes, that is the young Robert De Niro. *spasm* sigh, I wish Robert De Niro's the same age as me, so, the fangirling would be more appropriate. =))
Travis Bickle is an ex-Marine and Vietnam War veteran living in New York City. As he suffers from insomnia, he spends his time working as a cabbie at night, watching porn movies at seedy cinemas during the day, or thinking about how the world, New York in particular, has deteriorated into a cesspool. He's a loner who has strong opinions about what is right and wrong with mankind. For Travis, the one bright spot in New York humanity is Betsy, a worker on the presidential nomination campaign of Senator Charles Palatine. Travis becomes obsessed with Betsy. After an incident with Betsy, Travis believes he has to do whatever he needs to to make the world a better place in his opinion. One of his priorities is to be the savior for Iris, a twelve year old runaway and prostitute who he believes wants out of the profession and under the thumb of her pimp and lover Matthew. (credits: here. written by: Huggo)
☛ Yes, fan girl mode is still on. With the nominations and awards, this movie must be really something. Honestly, I don't know what to expect while watching the movie. I don't want any expectations. I don't wanna force myself into liking it or fall into the "this movie is blah boring" category. This movie is dark with a definite message and this movie, is definitely one of the misunderstood that was ever produced.
- I can't pinpoint a single, minor flaw about this movie. If there is, it's not the plot, not the acting, definitely not the directing. It's the people who did not enjoy the movie. To each his own, I know. Still, it's heartbreaking that it seems like the actors should be glittering under the sun or have that 3D effect or whatever fancy they do in movies these days before people would go gaga over it.
- The quintessential
Martin Scorsese, Robert De Niro, Jodie Foster crew, down to the supporting actors/actresses.
- It is violent. But, it is what it is. What has happened 30 years ago, whether, it's in the streets of New York or wherever in the world, it is still happening these days. It is still violent as it was before.
- There are people out there just like, Travis Bickle. Not awkward or paranoid or schizophrenic, but a person who wants to change the world. Save girls from their pimp and quit prostitution and challenge the government for a better governance.
CRAZY LITTLE THING CALLED LOVE
Yes, let's all be cheesy and be light right now. :D
It made me smile thinking of how am I gonna tell people about this movie, except for, IT IS ABOUT LOVE? I'll let the trailer summarize it all.
- What I don't like about this movie is the typical annoying characters. Like seriously, in every comedy movies I've seen (esp Asian movies and take note, I am not saying that in a racist rude way. It is FACTUAL!), there's a character who would always have the annoying voice & when that person speaks, it's always in the high-pitched almost screaming manner. It's just getting old and annoying. I swear, I don't find it funny anymore.
Love, is not just for mature people. It's for all ages. I know, people's
I know, this movie seems like it's only focusing on a girl in her teenage years, exploring the world, hoping the love of her life would love her back too. This movie, is also about a career woman in search for her mr. right.
- It is always easy for us to say, "fight for the one you love," "if you really love him/her, you're not gonna let him/her slip away." In Nam's story, neither Nam, nor P'Shone, had the courage to let the other person know what exactly their feelings are for each other. Letting go and moving on, was the easiest way out, before it even started. But, I guess, if a love is really meant to happen, if two hearts are meant to be, fate will do its best to bring two souls back together again. (Wow, I'm so cheesy) =))
The English teacher's story ( I totally forgot her name :/)
- Her story tells us, that sometimes, all we had to do is wait for the perfect one to come along. (I am definitely cheesy right now) =))
This movie is worth everyone's time. Forget about being teased for being cheesy, give the movie a chance, you'll like it.
The Boy in the Striped Pajamas (The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas)
- This movie is in a good way, unforgettable. It doesn't matter what your race is, what your culture is, social injustice hurts EVERYONE equally. When I said, social injustice, I wasn't just referring about this movie. It is not just about the Holocaust. Poverty and slavery is everywhere. Kids, don't have the time to be kids anymore because they have to work. And some people just don't respect the elders anymore.
- FRIENDSHIP - friendship between two 8 year olds breathing the same air, but living two different fates. Friendship, is like love, accepting the other person for who he/she is. Sadly, sometimes, society dictates who we should hang out with.
trailer for The Boy in the Striped Pajamas.
Childhood is measured out by sounds and smells and sights, before the dark hour reason grows. -- John Betjeman
- Innocence shouldn't be taken away from a child. A child should be living like a child: playing, being well-fed and getting an education. Everyone deserves a happy childhood.