10.25.2010

HELLO SNOW!

FIRST SNOW FALL TODAY!


It's too early for snow actually, but the first fall always excites me.

[sorry about the quality of the picture, I took these using my BlackBerry.]


This is what I woke up to this morning.

The forecast said it will be raining and light snowing on Sunday until Tuesday ( snow fall started this morning tho ) and it will be partly cloudy to sunny for the rest of the week. The amount of snow doesn't look like a "light snow" to me but whatevs!


While waiting for the bus to come

I just hope we'll have a decent winter this year coz last year? omiigosh! All the weekend (I'm not exaggerating) of December, our temperature dropped to   -40ºC  and knee-high snow (if you're my height then yeah). Getting a  -20ºC or -30ºC at least once a year is pretty normal in some Canadian provinces, so if you get a 0 or a -4ºC for a temperature, please don't go around cursing like there's no tomorrow coz just imagine how cold it could get here sometimes.

"Do Canadians live in igloos?"
- hahaha I actually try not to laugh whenever I get this question before, but now I get irritated why? uhm, are you actually telling me that, that's how much you knew about Canada?

But do Canadians live in igloos?

- SOME Canadians from the far north actually do but MOST of us Canadians live in apartments, condos and houses made of bricks, woods and cements. And for more information visit DO PEOPLE IN CANADA LIVE IN IGLOOS?.

It is sad that there are people knew almost nothing about Canada except that Canada and Canadians exist.

Q: I have never seen it warm on Canadian TV, so how do the plants grow?(England)
A. We import all plants fully grown and then just sit around and watch them die. 

This next question made me laugh the hardest.

Q: Will I be able to see Polar Bears in the street? (USA)
A: Depends on how much you've been drinking. 

ahh and more

Q: Are there supermarkets in Toronto and is milk available all year round?(Germany)
A: No, we are a peaceful civilization of Vegan hunter/gathers. Milk is illegal.

Q: I have a question about a famous animal in Canada, but I forget its name. It's a kind of big horse with horns. (USA )
A: It's called a Moose. They are tall and very violent, eating the brains of anyone walking close to them. You can scare them off by spraying yourself with human urine before you go out walking. 


Believe it or not these questions about Canada were posted on an International Tourism Website. Obviously the answers are a joke; but the questions were really asked! 

source and more for the lulz BECAUSE EVERYONE IN CANADA LIVES IN AN IGLOO.




Ok, that's it. Good night!





15 statements:

Anonymous said...

gusto ko din makakita ng snow!! :)

Karliiiiita said...

aww! I am dying to see a snow:))
seriously, milk is illegal?? talaga? haha

karlaforonda.blogspot.com

Emmaleigh said...

@ Supladong Office Boy: haba ng name mo! haha tuloy mo na kasi yung tour mo dun sa my snow para sure na makakita ka na :p

@ Karla: no. haha but read the article I linked about it. :D

MiDniGHt DriVer said...

WOW.. Umi-Snow.. sana sa Pilipinas din.. hehehe...

bocked na samin lahat.. eto na lang ang pwede... haaaayyy

glentot said...

Ikaw na ang may BlackBerry! Hehehe

Emmaleigh said...

@ Emerson: haha mag trabaho ka daw kasi lol! hinde yung chat ng chat.

@ glentot: adek ka lol!

Anonymous said...

LOL, i wonder if people were serious asking those questions. O_O

SNOW! Sana nga magsnow din dito sa Pinas. So far hail pa lang e.

Shenanigans said...

i want snooooooooooow!

Wella Daynne said...

The streets look so sad and gloomy.:(
But snow is still great..:)

Traveliztera said...

EMMMMMMMMMMMMM! I missed you! Finally free day!

Shuuux kelan lang you were posting about FALL! Now, SNOW NA! Anubehhhh napapa-emote na ako. :(

And nakakatawa mga tanong. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
SORREH igloos na sila. kami huts. HAHAHA

Emmaleigh said...

@ Rusell: padadalhan kita?! hehe

@ Wella: yep. streets could be gloomy looking at times, but I think people are "used" to it.

@ Steph: I missed you too!!! The fall post was not even a month ago???haha nga pala padalaw sa "hut" nyo minsan ah?haha

Emmaleigh said...

@ Aryan: I think most of them are serious about their questions lol!

Anonymous said...

Hahaha those questions can't be serious! I mean, especially the ones from the US... it's not like Canada is too far away or too foreign! I'm your newest follower!

Anonymous said...

haha. then gotta love those trolls who answer them. I know they're being rude, but still. XD

Emmaleigh said...

@ Cafe Bellini: haha but you know what?it's not really impossible esp if you don't know that much about a certain place/country.

@ Aryan: they deserved those answers lol!