VILMA v. NORA
If you're a filipino then you know that the Vilma v. Nora era is one of the classic celeb rivalries the showbiz had ever produced and still is. If you dare trash talk either one of them and be like "oh Vilma is better blah blah" seconds later, a fan
If you're the type of I-don't-really-care-person and enjoy all the bickering then what's not to love about these rivalries? In the online community (forums, blogs, you name it) you'll read people being on each others throat because:
- just like a post I read from a forum ("hirap din maging fan, hindi makatanggap ng pangookray ng idolzzz nila..war kung war") they simply can't accept the fact that not all people are "idolizing" their fav celeb.
- "fights" usually start when someone's being too SENSITIVE on what others had to say.
- sometimes, it's not the fans who starts the arguments, coz on some cases, it's the "stars" who actually initiates. They do that to gain sympathy.
- they just simply belong in the rival group.
- RESPECT other people's opinions. I know sometimes it could be offensive and ego hurting, but every human in this planet has the effing right to say what they want. (remember the freedom of speech?it's applicable here too).
- RESPECT other fans even if they belong in the rival group.
- before you react VIOLENTLY, make sure you understood all the points first, if misunderstanding is the cause of altercations then maybe it's YOU who misunderstood, and maybe your ego got hurt much.
It's fun to be a fan, we don't have to box people if they didn't like what we like, if they don't love what we love. We don't have to be affected by what people has to say to us, this is what human race is all about -- we all agree to disagree. We are not robots who are programmed to follow his master's commands, we have our own sets of brains so it's ourselves who decides at the end of the day, not other people.
Be a FAN! not a FAN
*sigh sigh* my head is still aches right now and this whole entry for the Carnival is a struggle for me to finish. :( Anyways, if you guys are interested you may want to join the fun at Team Carnival and meet other talented bloggers. thanks! (: